In our fourth Suboptic Spotlight our panel discussed another critical aspect of our industry during the pandemic, the resiliency and continuity of the submarine system global supply chain – component supply, manufacturing, delivery and on-site services.
Moderated by Ed McCormack, Industry leaders addressed the challenges in maintaining supply lines to the Service Providers and explored changes in working practices and other innovative responses to the current emergency.
A wide range of topics were addressed including:
- How has the supply chain had to adapt to maintain all supplies with the restrictions imposed due to Covid-19?
- How have we coped with the logistical issues of getting personnel on site and in factories for FAT, surveys, CLS and DC installation, testing and maintenance?
- What changes have we seen in capabilities to perform supply chain tasks remotely and with automation?
- Have there been knock-on changes in NOC activities and responsibilities?
- Have there been and will there remain changes to the way consortia systems are procured and operate?
- Has Covid-19 helped accelerate the digital transformation?
- Will the industry emerge with a more resilient supply chain?
- What positive benefits will be realised both in the submarine industry and the wider community?
Weds 10th June, 9am EST
Ed McCormack: Independent Consultant
John-Paul (JP) Hemingway, CEO, SES Networks
Abdullah Alsamhan, SMW5 MC Chair, General Manager, STC
Oliver Jones, CEO, Chayora
Dean Veverka, CTO, Southern Cross
Alison Wilson, Vice President, Global Fulfilment – Ciena
Leigh Frame, COO, Xtera