In light of recent developments and UK Government
guidelines, we wanted to update our customers, suppliers and stakeholders about
the measures we are taking to cope with the effects of COVID-19.
We are following UK and local Government guidelines as well
as public health advice as appropriate, and closely monitoring ongoing updates
and changes, while making a conscious effort to minimise any impact on our
business and continuing to support our client’s operations and projects. In the
case of specific ongoing live projects, our teams continue to maintain regular
direct communications with our customers. As connectivity right across the
globe becomes ever more critical we will strive to ensure a continuation of
service for customers, to maintain the essential infrastructure that our Group
and the markets we operate in provide to the global community.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our team members,
clients aboard our vessels, those in our global offices and homeworkers is
always our number one priority, and we have recently introduced a robust but
flexible policy to support all employees who are able to work from home
supported by contingency planning. For any employees not able to work from
home, we have increased health and safety measures across all our sites and
vessels to ensure they are operating in accordance with the highest possible
hygiene standards and adhering to ongoing Government guidelines in both the UK
and elsewhere across the globe as they evolve.
COVID-19 test kits are being used onboard vessels, shore leave has been restricted and crew change rotations updated to minimise risk as far as possible.
- All teams to follow guidance given at daily meetings of Group senior management team.
- All staff to read and take actions from weekly Global Marine Group COVID-19 bulletin.
- All non-business-critical travel has been cancelled across the Group.
- Providing on-going guidance to our clients, vendors and contractors, informing them of the processes we have implemented.
- We have also asked clients, vendors and contractors to ensure that their own processes and precautionary measures are of the same high standards as our own.
- We are committed to providing an uninterrupted service to all clients throughout the coming weeks and are via the normal communication channels should you have any questions or concerns.
As a Group, we are also dedicated to supporting the local communities we work in and for. Our employees are empowered to take the necessary time out of their daily work lives to help those in need living in their local communities, providing it is safe and practical for them to do so.
The post Adapting to ensure a continuation of service: Our response to COVID-19 appeared first on Global Marine.