SubOptic Association is poised to fill the need for an effective, broad-based global trade body to advance the subsea sector’s interests. Strengthened by professional event management and by a solid new constitution, SubOptic now has a broader set of objectives than just the famed triennial conference, setting its sights on supporting the subsea community through new activities involving education, advocacy, on-line resources and working groups.
In the words of the new Constitution, our purpose will be:
“to promote the interests of organizations involved in submarine telecommunications cable technology, installation, operations and activities, by providing a forum for the discussion of ideas, the exchange of non-competitive information, and the advancement and raising of awareness of issues relevant to the industry”.
Achieving these ambitious goals depends on attracting active and committed members from across the industry. 50 leading companies have already joined, and we’re counting on your support too!
How You can Contribute as Volunteers
- Be our guests at the PTC 2019 Sunday Submarine Cable Panel and Luncheon
- Join a Working Group – network with industry leaders
- Be a conference sponsor or exhibitor
- Serve on the Papers Committee
- Sponsor or propose a new working group, project or regional event
- Write for the website and newsletter
- Build bridges with other industry bodies
- Develop policies and represent the Association
- Help attract new members, to build a broad-based association that comes to truly represent the sector
How You Can Benefit from Membership
- attend the SubOptic conference at discounted registration rates
- access Member-only materials including past Conference papers
- Enjoy early-bird access to sponsorships, exhibition space and more
- Enrich your networking through access to the member directory, on-line forums, and new Conference services and technologies
- be better informed about industry news and information
- obtain professional training and education via partners
- Have your views heard, made known, and acted on through:
- cooperation with other industry bodies on matters of common concern
- studies and reports
- promotion of the image of the sector and its economic and social importance
- representation of the sector’s interests with policy-makers
“By becoming a SubOptic Association member, you’ll help this great industry continue to flourish and improve, while benefiting from members-only resources such as conference discounts, research insights, and camaraderie.
To join or for more information, contact us at:[email protected]
Thank you for taking the time to support the subsea community!”
– Yves Ruggeri, President, SubOptic Association